Why a Nasal Wash?
The nasal passages are lined with a thin layer of mucus that is one of our body?s first lines of defense against disease. A nasal wash keeps this layer of mucus moist, clean, and healthy. Compared to other nasal wash techniques, using the Neti Pot is easy. A nasal wash can be as routine as brushing your teeth.
Use it anytime to:
Remove excess mucus due to congestion
Rid nostrils of pollen and other allergens
Cleanse the nasal membranes of dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants
Relieve nasal dryness due to air travel
Improve flow of breath before doing relaxation or meditation techniques
The Porcelain Neti Pot is not microwavable
Always use sterilized water, such as boiled or distilled water, during nasal cleansing.
Remember a nasal wash is not a substitute for medical treatment. Anyone with chronic inflammation of the nasal passages or other ear, nose, or throat disorders should seek medical attention.
Using your Neti Wash Neti Pot
1. Add 1/4 teaspoon of Neti Salt and warm water to your Neti Pot.
2. Lean forward and turn your head to the side.
3. Insert the spout of the Neti Pot gently into the upper nostril to create a comfortable seal.
4. Raise the Neti Pot gradually so the saline solution flows in through the upper nostril and out the lower nostril. Breathe through the mouth.
5. Once the solution has flowed through, exhale to clear the nasal passages.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 with the other nostril.